Open Badge Passport and Open Badge Factory services will be under maintenance on October 31 from 7:00 am GMT to 2:00 pm GMT (9:00 EET - 16.00 EET). We’re sorry for any inconvenience!
Badge Finland network has gotten a logo and a brand! It’s possible to notice the shape of a snowflake with a modern twist in the logo and the clean colours also represent the beautiful country that is Finland.
Knowledge about Open Badges is spread across Finland with the help of Badge Finland network and it helps forwarding the implementation of the concept in all kinds of organisations. The network also has a big role in forwarding as well as supporting cooperation between different sectors.
The kickoff meeting of the Badge Finland network will be organised on Friday November 24 at 8.45-12.00 in MOW’s space in Helsinki. We hope you can join the awesome kickoff!
Open Badges training in Finnish
We organise two Open Badge online courses and one face-to-face training day for our customers and anyone interested this November. The other online course and the face-to-face training day are meant for Open Badge Beginners and they offer basic information regarding the concept and Open Badge Factory and Open Badge Passport platforms. The other online course is meant for Open Badge Experts and dives in a lot deeper and is more consultative. These courses are organised in Finnish.
Read more here and mark your calendar!
OBP and OBF update 16.6.2017
As the concept of Open Badges is spreading across the world, the standard has also been updated to version 2.0. We’re delighted to inform that our platforms Open Badge Factory (badge issuing platform) and Open Badge Passport (badge repository for users) will be updated to support the new standard on Friday June 16th at 8:00 am BST (03:00 am EDT, 10:00 am EEST).
In addition to supporting the new version of the standard, we have developed a new feature called multilingual badges that will be available after the update. This means that organisations can now create badges that support more than one language and badge viewers can read the badge information in different languages if available.
We have also done some minor bug fixes and improvements to both platforms and it will also be possible for Open Badge Passport users to start following other badge earners in the platform.
To hear more about this update, you can join our free OBF Academy webinar on Monday June 19th at 2:00 pm BST.
OBP at Badge Summit and ISTE in June!
Summer is finally here and so are this year’s Badge Summit and ISTE Conference & Expo! Open Badge Factory and Open Badge Passport platforms will take part in both events.
Badge Summit will be held at ESC20 Training Center in San Antonio, Texas, on June 24. The aim of Badge Summit is to gather together different professionals and thinkers from K-12, Higher Education, Industry and Cultural institutions and elsewhere and link them with some of the most inspiring Open Badge thought leaders and service providers. It’s a day packed with interaction, networking, presentations, learning and sharing.
Open Badge Factory leader Eric Rousselle will take part in the Badge Issuing Platform Roundtables session as well as have a presentation later in the afternoon titled What Can I Do With My Badges? More information and tickets to the Badge Summit can be found here.
ISTE 2017 Conference and Expo will be held at Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas, on June 25-28. This massive event is a globally recognised happening and brings together different professionals and service providers working in education. Around 18,000 attendees take part each year.
We will be exhibiting Open Badge Factory and Open Badge Passport from June 26-28 and attendees can find us at stand number 224. More information and tickets to the ISTE Conference & Expo can be found here. Welcome!
Soon you can apply for more badges!
A new feature will be updated to Open Badge Passport, which enables organisations using Open Badge Factory to advertise their own badges in Passport’s Gallery → Apply for a badge page. The aim is to give better visibility to Open Badges so users would find badges they are interested in and could create different paths for themselves by earning badges.
Badges that can be applied for are in the Gallery → Apply for a badge area.
- Users can search for badges by the name of the badge or by the issuer organisation with the Search tool.
- NB! Badges allocated to the user’s country are shown first by default but by choosing All from the menu the user can see all badges that are advertised all over the world.
- By clicking the » Apply for the badge link, the user will see more detailed information on how they can apply for the badge or if an event, course or similar is associated with the badge.
- If the badge seems interesting the user can add the badge to Favorites making it easy to search for the badge again later by using the Favorites tag. This way the user doesn’t have to fill out the badge application right away as the badge is saved and it’s possible to fill out the application when the user has the time to do that.
Don’t be disappointed if you can’t find a suitable badge for yourself right away! New badges and applications are being published little by little so make sure you check back every now and then, you might be pleasantly surprised!
Open Badge Passport update 8.11.2016
Open Badge Passport will be updated on Tuesday Nov. 8th at 15:00 EEST (14:00 BST). The platform will be unavailable for about an hour due to this.
Content of the update:
- bug fixes
- improvements to the mobile user interface
- notification to home page if the user gets a new badge —> accept or reject the badge also done here
- tips on how to get started to home page
Open Badge Passport update 24.10.2016
Open Badge Passport will be updated on Monday Oct. 24th at 15:00 EEST (14:00 BST). The platform will be unavailable for about an hour due to this.
Content of the update:
- Users can add comments to all badges in Open Badge Passport.
- All logged in users can read comments on badges.
- When users follow a badge, they will get notifications regarding the badge for example when the badge gets comments.
- From the Connections area, users can manage the badges they follow.
Open Badge Passport update 04.10.2016
Open Badge Passport will be updated on Tuesday Oct. 10th at 16:00 EEST (14:00 BST). The platform will be unavailable for about an hour due to this.
Content of the update:
New theme for the user interface:
- new colours
- simplified badges
- users can edit the Badge settings at the Badge info section
- users can find a new ”management” drop down menu at the Badges page (import badges, upload badges, export badges)
- users can now reach out to us and report of a possible issue via their profile page, shared page or shared badge + Gallery area (inappropriate content, translation issues, bugs, unofficial badges, etc.)
- Badge upload from computer
- translation fixes
- the Badge evidence can also be found from Gallery and pages
- the connection issue with Mozilla Backpack has been fixed
Maintenance on Monday 27.6.
On Monday 27.6. between 15.00-16.00 our service will be down for maintenance.
Open Badge Passport will be temporarily unavailable. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best Regards, the OBP team
New Open Badge Passport is here!
Open Badge Passport has been released on a brand new platform today, June 16th 2016. OBP is now faster, safer and completely open source. We are now also able to develop new features faster due to the new release.
We are also inviting anyone interested in Open Badges and open source projects to take part in this ongoing development of Open Badge Passport. What kind of features you’d like to see in Passport? Take a look at salava.org, register, submit your ideas and thoughts and even take part in developing new features.